John 14:18

I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.

About Us

My photo
We started this blog so that our family and friends can follow along on our adoption journey. We are excited about our journey and so thankful that we have so many people who want to be apart of this adventure. Please continue to keep us and J Luke in your prayers. Check back often, we will continue to update as we continue this process.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Looking back...ready to move forward

If you have been following this blog, you can tell that I am a bit behind.  As you can see the post that is titled "January brings change" was not posted on here until June.  This post was an email that we sent out (back in January) to our friends and family, giving them an update.  Now it is June and as I look back over the past year, so much has happened since we were first put on the "wait list".

I have been in the process of completing my masters in Education Administration...which I have just completed!!!  Jeff has been in airline school to become a professional pilot, finishing all of his courses and internship at the end of this month.  We are praying now that he gets a job with an airline.  For the past 7 months, Jeff has been in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Jacksonville for schooling and I have traveled around visiting him when I have long weekends or vacation time.  All of this flying has truly taken away my fear of flying.  Plus, helping Jeff study has educated me and I have an understanding of what goes on in the cockpit, which somehow makes me feel safe.

As I type, I am sitting in a hotel in Jacksonville.  This is the first true down time I've had since August.  I often wonder why the adoption process has taken so long.  My emotions go from being patient and knowing that God has a plan and a timeline, to not understanding why Ethiopia keeps changing laws, my patience shot and feeling frustrated. 

Over the past few days, I have had time to think, to look back on this year and really take everything in.  This school year, to say the least, has been the most challenging for me.  Transitioning to a new school, taking on the job of co-ASB/Leadership director, completing my masters, interning for my masters, coaching and teaching.  It was a crazy busy time.  I have learned so much and I feel that the experiences have challenged me and changed me.  This all while Jeff was also in school, also being challenged and stretched, gaining the training that he needs to be a commercial pilot.  Looking back...God knows how much we can handle and God knew that we just needed to get through this year and then we would be ready.  Yes, the wait has been hard, but God knows, His timeline is the best....so stay tuned because we are ready!  

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You have had a lot of change. But you are strong and you are a survivor. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hi! We're with AGCI as well. We're somewhere around #9 for a baby girl right now. Anxious to get our July numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete